Who's Burning All The Carbon?
This chart shows which countries have emitted the most CO₂ per head of population over the last 5 years for which data is available.
We hear a lot about China's emissions. This chart shows that recent emissions per head in the US are double those in China.
Interesting to compare to the historical emissions since 1880 on Who Burnt All The Carbon?
Sources and Notes
- Historical emissions from https://www.wri.org/insights/history-carbon-dioxide-emissions
- Populations from https://databank.worldbank.org/reports.aspx?source=2&series=SP.POP.TOTL
- I've omitted Qatar, Trinidad and Tobago, Brunei, Kuwait, Palau and United Arab Emirates as their high emissions would have broken the chart.
- These charts report only CO₂ emissions.
- Similarly, these charts report only territorial emissions, and take no account of CO₂ produced manufacturing goods for export - see The UK's True Carbon Emissions
Back to Arctic Death Spiral | Sitemap