Who's Burning All The Carbon?
This chart shows which countries have emitted the most CO₂ per head of population over the last 5 years for which data is available.
We hear a lot about China's emissions. This chart shows that recent emissions per head in the US are double those in China.
The following countries have the greatest total CO₂ emissions over the last 5 years (for which data is available):
|Country||Fraction of CO₂ Emissions 2014-2018||Fraction of World Population|
Interesting to compare to the historical emissions since 1880 on Who Burnt All The Carbon?
Sources and Notes
- Historical emissions from https://www.wri.org/insights/history-carbon-dioxide-emissions
- Populations from https://databank.worldbank.org/reports.aspx?source=2&series=SP.POP.TOTL
- I've omitted Qatar, Trinidad and Tobago, Brunei, Kuwait, Palau and United Arab Emirates as their high emissions would have broken the chart.
- These charts report only CO₂ emissions.
- Similarly, these charts report only territorial emissions, and take no account of CO₂ produced manufacturing goods for export - see The UK's True Carbon Emissions
Back to Arctic Death Spiral | Sitemap